The DesQ Project
The DesQ Project aims to provide a minimalistic, yet a wholesome desktop experience on all devices - laptops, tablet, mobile and pcs - of all ages - old, new or brand new. DesQ, unlike KDE or GNOME, is light on RAM, while still delivering an excellent user experience. With a variety of apps catering to the various needs of the user, DesQ gives you a great
A great desktop experience is created when a smooth UI meets a nice bunch of basic apps which integrate nicely with the DE. The CoreApps Project was born out of the need for feature-rich pure Qt apps, which are low and resources and high on usability. While the DesQ project gives an excellent file-manager, a simple terminal and a resource meter, it lacks in several other useful utilities - calendars, integrated bookmarks management, batch rename utility, file/folder search, etc. The CoreApps Suite fills this void beautifully.
- Paper Desktop - A touch friendly desktop for mobiles and tablets
- Core Apps - A suite of Qt5-based, light-weight apps for daily needs
- Focal Apps - An advanced suite of Qt5-based apps (under development)
The TeamWe're currently a small team of 5 members managing multiple projects - DesQ, Paper Desktop, CoreApps, and Focal Apps. Quite a bit of code developed in one project is used in our other projects.
- @s96abrar - Lead developed for Paper Desktop. He's our resident Wayland expert. ;)
- @rahmanshaber - Lead UI designer and maintainer of CuboCore project. He keeps us going... :)
- @librewish - Lead tester for Desktop and packages our apps for Arch
- @Strit - Lead tester for tablets and packages our apps for Manjaro
- @spikerguy - Lead tester for tablets and packages our apps for Manjaro
- @marcusbritanicus - Me..! I manage and develop the DesQ DE.